ESSA Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AED), B. Ex Phys & Rehab, B. Sports Stud Hons
(Clinical Lead Exercise Physiologist).
Georgina is an ESSA accredited Exercise Physiologist and has the role of Clinical Lead Exercise physiologist at The Rehabilitation Specialists. Georgina completed a Bachelor of Exercise Physiology and Rehabilitation from the University of Canberra in 2018 and continued to graduate with a Bachelor of Sports Studies with honors in 2019. Georgina joins the team with having 3 years clinical experience and one year in workplace rehabilitation. Georgina has a great strength of understanding musculoskeletal and neurological injuries, prognosis, time frames, limitations and acceleration pathways to allow an effective and efficient time to return to work and daily activities. Georgina also has 3 years clinical experience within the NDIS space (primarily neurological) and looks forward to growing this section within the business within the coming years.
Georgina identifies his strengths as:
• Efficient communication skills with all treating parties
• Client relations and repour
• Creativity and problem-solving skills in complex musculoskeletal injuries and disabilities
• Musculoskeletal knowledge and intervention requirements
• Pathophysiology of extensive disabilities and in which exercise can be used to assist in management and/or treatment.
Georgina has experience in
• A wide range of disabilities within the NDIS client base, working towards achieving personalized specific goals to assist in independence building, achieving an overall greater quality of life.
• Advanced musculosketal rehabilitation with a range of injuries.
• Conducting Functional Capacity Evaluations.
• Rehabilitation program development and monitoring for a wide range of complex medical issues, injuries and psychosocial barrier.
• Work station assessments.