The Rehabilitation Specialists have multiple exciting opportunities at all levels, to join our fast growing team with personalised career development!
Who are we?
The Rehabilitation Specialists (TRS) is an award winning service provider in the ACT and NSW. We provide high quality clinic based and mobile services for NDIS participants. We are currently seeking passionate Occupational Therapists to join our fast growing Canberra team! We are known for our fantastic team culture and supportive work environment.
We have four NDIS teams which the selected OT can work in. OT’s are able to specialise in a niche area of interest to continue in their current field of practice. Alternatively they can also choose to have a varied caseload to expand their skill set. Our New Grad Rotation Program, which rotates between the teams, provides the opportunity to work collaboratively and develop skills in mentoring new graduate OTs.
We are advertising for OT’s at all experience levels as there are amazing opportunities available for career progression.
Day to day:
- Assessment, development and implementation of individual – client centred – intervention programs.
- Promotion of positive client outcomes through the provision of high quality clinical services, networking, health promotion activities and education as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Maintenance of a participants independence and safety through ADL upskilling programs.
- Identification and establishment of goals with participants, carers and families.
- Complex Functional Assessments and reports.
- Plan Recommendation reports.
- Assisting to develop resources and to grow services provided to participants.
- OT’s in senior roles will have additional responsibilities relevant to their role. These can be explored based on individual interests.
About the Teams:
- Paediatrics and Adolescents
Our Paediatric and Adolescents Team focuses on working with younger NDIS participants and their families to complete assessment and ongoing therapy with a client at school, home or our office. We have a collaborative goal focus when working with this age group and tailored services to meet the needs of this age group.
Our Housing Team work with NDIS participants with a diverse range of disabilities who require assessments to support their housing needs such as Supported Independent Living, Specialist Disability Accommodation, Individualised Living Options and minor and complex Home Modifications.
- Adult Mental Health, Intellectual Disability and Autism Spectrum Disorder
Our Adult Team work predominantly with NDIS participants with Psychosocial, cognitive and sensory needs to complete assessments and, if required, ongoing interventions to work with participants to meet their goals.
- Assistive Technology, Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Our Assistive Technology, Deaf and Hard of Hearing Team work with clients who have assistive technology assessment and prescription needs. We have a large client base in this space and work to overcome the communication challenges faced by this client group.
Like the sound of more than one team? You can have the unique opportunity to have a varied caseload to suit your interests!
Why join TRS?
At TRS we are committed to providing a flexible and supportive work environment where you will work with a friendly, multidisciplinary team to progress your career.
Some of the benefits include:
- Personalised Career Opportunities – each staff member has a plan for success where you discuss your career goals and identify the steps TRS can take to assist you to achieve them.
- Professional development – $2,000p.a. towards CPD in line with your development goals after 12 months of service.
- Employee incentives – birthday leave each year, reward structure around repeat referrals and outcomes.
- Remuneration – Innovative and flexible pay scale which is clearly defined and progression is self-directed in collaboration with your manager your own progress.
- Great team culture – enjoy working within our supportive and friendly environment. Our growth is a testament to our hard work, collaboration, and strong commitment to client centred services.
- Company provisions – laptop, mobile phone and access to pool cars.
- Flexible working arrangements – ability to work autonomously and collaboratively from a variety of settings.
We are looking for motivated OTs at all experience levels, with a passion for helping individuals with a disability to reach their full potential. You thrive in building relationships and love to contribute professionally to a multidisciplinary environment.
You will also have:
- A Bachelor of Occupational Therapy, or associated degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be committed to delivering person-centred care.
- AHPRA registration.
- Working With Vulnerable People (WWVP) card.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Have a positive attitude, be a team player, and enjoy contributing ideas.
- Strong customer focus.
- Strong desire to develop your skills in an NDIS setting.
- Senior Occupational Therapist: prior experience in any setting, NDIS setting desirable but not essential.
- Roles can be full-time, part time or in a job share capacity depending on your individual preference and level of experience.
- Remuneration: Dependent on skills and experience.