The Rehabilitation Specialists team of Accredited Exercise Physiologists provide support to NDIS participants in the ACT and surrounding regions to achieve better health, independence and quality of life.
The Rehabilitation Specialists provide several options for therapy and assessment services to be delivered to support our
participants to achieve their goals in a way that works for them, including:
• a private gym environment at our Fyshwick office location
• a mobile service where our clinical Exercise Physiologists come to you at home, work or a preferred facility such as a hydrotherapy pool, public gym or park
What is an Exercise Physiologist?
Exercise physiologists are university qualified allied health professionals equipped with the knowledge, skills and competencies to design, deliver and evaluate safe and effective exercise interventions for people with acute, sub-acute or chronic medical conditions, injuries or disabilities.
What can Exercise Physiology assist with?
Exercise physiology aims to maintain or improve your physical capacity to allow you to be more independent around the house
and in social settings may they be school, work or within the community.
Depending on your specific goals, Exercise Physiology sessions can assist with:
• Increasing your fitness and endurance
• Gait/ walking pattern and transfer training
• Improving grip and dexterity and coordination
• Assisting sensory deficits for neurological based clients and sensory needs/ requirements for ASD and intellectual disabilities
• Improving strength and flexibility
• Reducing spasticity and contractures
• Pain reduction/ control
• Management of joint pain and/ or injury rehabilitation
• Improving posture
• Chronic pain management
• Improving your metabolic wellbeing, including weight loss, diabetes control and kidney disease management
• Maintaining your function and maximising your independence
• Decreasing symptoms of anxiety and/or depression
• Providing education and advice to enhance health and wellbeing
• Building your confidence to access and utilise community-based facilities
Our expertise with NDIS participants:
Our team of skilled Exercise Physiologists have expertise in working with individuals with a wide range of disabilities and conditions
including intellectual disabilities, psychosocial disability, mental health conditions, physical disabilities, neurological conditions,
ABI and TBI, stroke, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injury, Parkinson’s disease, dementia,
Alzheimer’s disease, developmental delay, ASD including chronic pain and co-morbidity management. We have experience
working with participants of all ages from children, adolescents, and adults of all ages.
Do you have NDIS funding?
NDIS exercise physiology services can be funded through two categories on your NDIS plan:
1. Improved health and wellbeing
2. Improved daily living
If you have funding available and would like to find out more, please feel free to contact one of our admin staff who will gladly
assist you on 1800 073 422.
Can The Rehabilitation Specialists help me get therapy funding in my next NDIS plan?
Yes! The Rehabilitation Specialists can assist in helping you access funding for allied health services that support you to achieve
better independence, reach your goals and enhance your quality of life.We start by assessing the impact that your disability has on current function and capacity and what your specific goals are. One of our Exercise Physiologists will then provide you with a detailed report to address NDIS criteria to ensure the funding report has the detail necessary for your NDIS planner.
It is recommended that you book your exercise physiology assessment 2-3 months prior to your NDIA planning meeting so the
assessment and reporting process can occur. This will ensure our Plan Recommendation Report is ready for your plan review.
How to arrange NDIS Exercise Physiology services with The Rehabilitation Specialists?
If you would like more information about the services that we can provide please feel free to contact The Rehabilitation Specialists
directly on 1800 073 422 or email [email protected] and one of our team members will assist you!
Make an NDIS Online Referral today.