Brendon is an accredited Exercise Physiologist after completing a Bachelor of Exercise Physiology and Rehabilitation degree from the University of Canberra in 2020. During Brendon’s university placement he gained exposure to numerous client’s including cancer patients at the Canberra Specialist Medical Centre at UC, clients with a wide range of musculoskeletal injuries and complex medical histories. Brendon is passionate about helping people return to their full health and use his knowledge in the field to get the best outcomes possible for clients. Brendon joined the Rehabilitation Specialists in 2021 and is eager to learn and grow his knowledge in the field.
Brendon identifies his strengths as:
- Client compassion and rapport building
- Sporting and exercise background allowing understanding of injuries (e.g., time frames, likely prognosis, appropriate rehabilitation programs and functional limitations associated with injury)
- Ability to communicate effectively with all parties involved.
- Identification of client psychosocial barriers to rehabilitation and providing appropriate solutions.
Brendon has experience in:
- Lifestyle/behavioral modification for client benefit
- Motivational interviewing
- Rehabilitation program development and monitoring for a wide range of complex medical issues, injuries and psychosocial barriers
- Training clients with Neuromuscular conditions to achieve their goals.