If a client is unable to return to their job due to permanent physical or psychological restrictions, or another reason such as redundancy, The Rehabilitation Specialists Employment Services team can assist. The team works to link clients to potential employers and liaises with all parties to build good relationships in order to achieve successful outcomes. Vocational Counseling can be provided to ascertain the client’s suitability for a role, explore potential job options based on consideration of skills and experience and also to give objective career advice.
Our Employment Services team will identify vocational options that:
- Are within the clients physical and psychological capacities
- Are perceived by the client as being a positive motivator to get back into the workforce
- Utilises the client’s existing skills and qualifications to achieve suitable employment opportunities
- We have access to labour market analysis resources however rely on actual searches of current job vacancies and contact with potential employers to determine whether the job option is viable.
As we have been working alongside the client prior to them returning to work we have an excellent understanding of their needs and capabilities and therefore can really emphasise their strengths to a potential employer. We see our Employment Services team as being a personalised ‘recruitment service’ that involves proactive, dedicated and targeted job placement interventions to achieve and sustain real and meaningful employment outcomes. Interventions include:
- Providing the practical and motivational help that our clients need including developing and implementing individual employment plans .
- Assisting with resume preparation, exploring realistic vocational options, developing employment-related skills, engaging with community and/or employment related activities and practical training in interview skills
- Cold calling, canvassing and reverse marketing activities
- Facilitating access to work trials and/or volunteer experience opportunities if this will improve chances of employment
- Where appropriate, facilitating access to any specific training required to increase employment opportunities and our clients competitiveness in the labour market.
We have employed an Employment Services Consultant who has 5 years of experience in successfully placing people with disabilities and mental health issues in employment to draw on, and therefore has a real passion for using her skills in the Rehabilitation Industry.
If you would like to make a referral please use our Online Referral Form or contact the team on 1800 073 422 to discuss your needs