The Rehabilitation Specialists is an NDIS service provider that provides clinic-based and mobile Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, and Exercise Physiology services for children and adults in Canberra.
Our values guide our day-to-day actions, behaviours, decisions and communications to successfully deliver the best services to meet the needs of our community:
- Quality: Our work is outcome-focused and evidence-based. We have a commitment to continued professional development.
- Innovation: Our approach is flexible, creative, solution-focused and we encourage our team to “think outside the box”.
- Integrity and Respect: We maintain ethical business and service practices and value honesty, transparency and reliability.
- Accountability: We do what we say we will, and take responsibility for our actions
About the Role:
We are currently seeking a passionate Clinical Occupational Therapist to join our friendly and diverse team.
In this role, you will work with NDIS participants aged 7+ years and their communities.
With the ability to work autonomously, our ideal candidate thrives in building relationships and love to contribute professionally to a multidisciplinary environment.
The role is full-time, however, part-time and job-sharing arrangements may be considered for the right applicants.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Complex home modification assessments and recommendations.
- Assistive Technology assessments and recommendations.
- The development and implementation of an individual – client-centred – intervention programs.
- Maintenance of a participant’s independence and safety through ADL upskilling programs.
- Identification and establishment of goals with clients, carers and families.
- Complex Functional Assessments.
- NDIS Plan Recommendation reports.
- Assist to develop resources and to grow services provided to participants.
Skills and Experience:
- Unrestricted working rights in Australia.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy, or a similar relevant degree.
- AHPRA registration.
- Minimum of 1-year’s experience in the NDIS space is desirable, but not essential.
- Current Driver’s licence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be committed to delivering person-centred care.
- Have a positive attitude, be a team player, and enjoy contributing ideas.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Why Join Us:
- Professional development– $2000p.a. towards CPD in line with your development goals after 12 months of service.
- Employee incentives– Loyalty leave days up to a total of three days per annum after 3 years of service to be used over the Christmas shut down period and birthday leave each year.
- Great team culture– enjoy working within our supportive and friendly environment.
- Company allowances– access to pool cars
How to Apply:
If you have what it takes, please apply with your CV and cover letter.