NDIS Senior Occupational Therapist – Lead OT for Mental Health and Autism Spectrum Disorder
Deb is an Occupational Therapist with a background in Mental Health, Disability and Pastoral Care, including nine years working with students in a P-10 public school. She has a Bachelor and Master of Arts in Psychology from Sydney University, and a Master of Occupational Therapy from the University of Canberra. She has worked in both the charitable sector and the public service before recently deciding to embark on a new career. Deb had a placement with The Rehabilitation Specialists as a student in 2018 and commenced working with us in 2019 as a Rehabilitation Consultant.
As the NDIS arm of The Rehabilitation Specialists has expanded, Deb has put her experience and passion for paediatrics and mental health into practice in this space, bringing her love of creativity and “making stuff” into her work. Deb also assists with the important quality assurance process that helps ensure that the reports written by clinicians at The Rehabilitation Specialists are both accurate and timely.
In her spare time, Deb is the Assistant Director of a small charity which supports the integration of people with disabilities, especially refugees who cannot access NDIS funding.
Working in Workplace Rehabilitation since 2019
Working in NDIS since 2020
Canberra, Queanbeyan and Yass
Travel Billed From
· Initial needs assessments
· Complex functional assessments and recommendations
· Complex home modifications assessments and recommendations
· Assistive Technology assessments, trials, prescription and recommendations
· Supported Independent Living assessments and recommendations
· Clinic based intervention programs
· Plan Recommendation assessments and reports
· SDA assessment
· In Home/In Community individualised therapy programs to work towards your NDIS and personal goals